An association or an organisation, which wants to receive foreign contribution prior permission of FCRA department or registration with FCRA is mandatory.
First requirement to apply FCRA registration, NGO should preferably be registered under any of the following Acts:-
- Societies Registration Act,1860.
- Indian trust Act.
- Companies Act 2013
TYPES OF FCRA REGISTRATION:
1- Prior Permission Certificate:
- At least 1 year old NGO.
- List of foreign donors along with their address, designation.
- Total amount of donation.
- A letter of intent from the donor to donate the amount.
2- Regular Registration: (For 5 Years)
- The Non-Government Organization must be three years old.
- Last three years annual report, audit report must be submitted.
- Copy of pan card, Bye laws of the NGO shall also be given.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FCRA REGISTRATION:
- Copy of PAN card of society/trust.
- Copy of registration certificate/Deed.
- Copy of Audited statements of Account for last three years.
- Bank details.
- List of governing body with their name, address, designation etc.
- Name of Chief Functionary and contact details.
- Copy of Annual report of last three years.
- Contact details of office.