SECTION-12A AND 80G
Trust formed for charitable or religious purposes which are not intended to do commercial activities are allowed various benefits under the Income-Tax Act. NGO’s or charity work in India can be carried out by various methods/forms of business, such as it can be formed as following:
- Society, and
- Non-profit Company (Section 8 Company)
Income of a trust is exempted if NGO has 12-A registration.This is one time registration. If the NGO is not registered, income tax is payable on surplus during the year.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR 12A AND 80G REGISTRATION:
- Dully filled in Form – 10A for registration u/s 12A registration.
- Dully filled in Form – 10G for registration u/s 80G registration.
- Registration Certificate and MOA /Trust Deed (with self-attestation)
- NOC from Landlord (where registered office is situated, if property is rented).
- Copy of PAN card of NGO.
- Copy of Electricity Bill / House tax Receipt /Water Bill.
- Evidence of welfare activities carried out & Progress Report since inception or last 3 years.
- Books of Accounts, Balance Sheet & Income tax Return (if any), since inception or last 3years.
- List of donors along with their address and PAN.
- List of governing body board of trustees members with their contact details.
- Deed for verification Original RC and MOA /Trust.
- Authority letter.